Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ace of Cakes

I love the show Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. It is in my top 5. I like the idea of blending traditional techniques with untraditional ideas. Charm City Cakes is a major inspiration. I mean, seriously ...

The image “http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070426ho_armcake_230.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Speaking of kick ass things, Joanna from The Soap Bar (owner of the way cool, Product Body) has written about my Joan Jett soap. Thanks again, Joanna, for the glowing post! You rock, indeed! Just look at this amazing sugar butter body scrub from Product Body:

Butter Scrub

Wowzers!

3 comments:

Joanna Schmidt said...

You are too kind :), but thank you!! Love that cake. I have a doll arm in my pocket this minute and am wondering whether t stick it in soap soap or a cupcake. Ah, life's choices are grand, aren't they?

Kim said...

Oh, you should definitely do it! Call the creation "Doll Parts" - a nod to "Hole."

Joanna Schmidt said...

The idea actually came from Anne-Marie, but my guess is that had I not seen it, I would have come up with that one. I have a thing for putting broken plastic dolls to use. Call me crazy. Ok. Don't.