Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dinosoap Jr. Sketches


Dinosaur Jr. is a band very near and dear to me. J Mascis, frontman, is a Massachusetts native - from the land of 403 (that's the western Mass area code for those not in the know - it is usually affiliated with the Berkshires. My very own ancestry pit-stopped in Chicopee briefly when my great grandparents immigrated to the United States from Poland). Anyway ....

I decided to tip my soapmaking goggles to the band with a reputation as having one of the loudest live performances in alternative rock history. I recently had the privilege of catching their show at a local Urban Outfitters while they were creating more visibility for college radio stations across the country. They were incredible, as expected. They are big fans of the green/purple color combination, so I've decided to let this become the main driver in the soap creation. I am going with raspberry and mint for scent.

Here are my sketches:

No comments: