Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spa Party



Here is the an "after" shot from our first spa party! I had intended to take loads more, but I was co-hosting, so it was not high on my priority list.

I've learned that creating and giving facials at a spa party is an immensely popular activity. Since I try to promote home spa alternatives, I used two simple facials: an avocado yogurt facial with fresh lemon juice and an oatmeal honey facial with a splash of milk.

Here is the benefit breakdown:

  • Avocado: Rich in vitamins A, B, D, E. Contains 60% more potassium than a banana. Very moisturizing.
  • Yogurt: Adds enzymes and oils to the skin, works as a natural moisturizer. Reduces pore size, improves overall skin texture.
  • Lemon Juice: Natural Astringent
*****
  • Ground Oatmeal: Contains the best amino acid of all cereal grains, keeping skin hydrated. Provides natural exfoliation.
  • Honey: Moisturizes, brightens and smooths skin
  • Milk: Natural skin softener. [Cleopatra bathed in milk regularly. And she was wicked hot!]

Thanks to all of you who came to the party - I hope you had fun!

No comments: