October 5th made 1 full year since our grand opening here in downtown Warren! Hurray! It seems like just yesterday, Jere and I were painting the walls and I was scouring local antique shops for display items. Here is a list of all the things I love about being here.
1. Our Customers. Since opening, we have made some great friends and enjoyed their loyal business. It is always so wonderful to see familiar faces and to catch up. It's great to find out which products they like best and how their friends pampered themselves with their Stella Marie purchases. Some of our customers have even come to work here! Thank you for supporting local businesses and believing in the value of handmade. And thank you for taking the time to write glowing reviews on Yelp! It's humbling and you have no idea how delighted I am to read them.
2. Our Neighbors and Fellow Merchants. I am honored to be great company here. Thank you, Cambria, Naomi and Kim at Bella Yarns, Mary at The Coffee Depot, Elizabeth at MUSE, Katie at The Wooden Midshipmen, Karen at Boheme Gallery, Woof! Woof! Pet Boutique, Chris at In Your Ear Records, Michelle and Courtney at Dimery Photography, Joanne at The Cheese Plate, and Maria at Warren House of Pizza! You guys were all super nice and welcoming and you continue to make our experience in Warren lovely. Together, we represent a group of people passionate about handmade, American-made products. We are all proud to offer products and services you can't get at the mall.
3. Our Students. Since moving to our new space, we gained lots of space in the back and we've had the pleasure of teaching to lots of wonderful, fun and excited students. Each class is unique and all students' creations are bubbly works of art. You continue to inspire me.
4. Our Mailman. Can't say enough about Jeff, our poetic, dread-locked mail carrier. Always upbeat and positive - and witty. After his shift, we sometimes get visits with his dogs, Angie and Danger. Love those guys.
5. Our Scenery. Every night, we are lucky enough to be able to watch gorgeous sunsets from our front windows and on Fridays, Kara and I will walk to a local eatery, then sometimes walk down to the waterfront. Everything is so close and so cute.
6. Our Local Events. From our super popular Warren Walkabout to our holiday shopping stroll to our monthly ArtNights, there is always something fun happening here!
7. Our Artists. (Some people call them "brands," but that's not very human, is it?) In addition to carrying our own line of products, we also carry amazing handmade items by local artists. They make our shop come to life. Kara Muise, Lux Aromatica, LuckyBird Studios, Kimberly DiNofrio, Chrissy Ann Ceramics, Rhode Trip Photography, Pebble Cove Decor, It's Sew You by Kirsten Cole, New Moon Studio, 5th and Madison, Urban Kitchen, Karen Meirs, Black Lab Woodworking, Tanner Glass, Island Mist, and Elizabeth Caruso ;)
We are planning to do a little something special to celebrate our first year anniversary, so stay tuned!
Yours in Soap,